I've had a toe fungus for a while now and I've tryed over-the-counter creams to cure it but it doesn't seem to completly go away. How can I fix this?

David Miller
In brief: Toe fungus
Topical creams are of little use for toe fungus.
You need medications that work from the inside, which means anti-fungal meds such as lamacil. The treatment takes months and you need to have your liver function monitored to check for side effects. See your doc today to begin treatment.Laser is the other option which can clear fungus.

In brief: Toe fungus
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
But you will need to see someone for either medication Lamisil (terbinafine) or laser treatments.
Laser treatments will probably not be covered by insurance and your insurance carrier will require a fungal culture to authorize medication. An alternative is Lamisil (terbinafine) 2 per verny compounded in dmso. This is applied one drop twice a day to each nail and avoids blood tears.

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried