Is the drug Olanzapine considered a steroid ? Since taking the drug I have put on 3 stone without changing my regular diet.

Dr. John Gaffney

In brief: Olanzapine

Olanzapine is a psychotropic drug that is used for many different purposes in psychiatry.
That said, it is well established that this particular medication can cause significant weight gain. I'd suggest talking to your psychiatrist about your concerns and whether a different medicine might be a better alternative. Hope that helps!

In brief: Olanzapine

Dr. John Baker
Neurology

In brief: Dopamine

It is thought that (despite studies being only by observation, meaning cause and effect is hard to determine) elevation in leptin levels in the blood and insulin resistance (such as seen in borderline diabetes) are effects of the drug.
..but it technically is not a steroid hormone or drug. It hits the dopamine receptor and blocks it in particular parts of the brain,.,

In brief: Dopamine