Can I take my trazodone 300mg with my newly prescribed ambien (zolpidem) for my severe insomnia?

Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Insomnia, Depression

I understand your distress of insomnia.
It is likely that your Insomnia is due to Stress and Trazodone. Using Ambien (zolpidem) with Trazodone may increase dizziness, difficulty concentrating, some impairment in thinking and judgment Stresses of relationship, s can cause Insomnia and Depression. See Psychiatrist for Therapy for depression, and follow up of Trazodone. Do Yoga, Breathing Relaxation, Meditation

In brief: Insomnia, Depression

I understand your distress of insomnia.
Dr. Matthew Smith

In brief: Possibly

This would be a combination for particularly refractory insomnia.
Assuming your prescriber is fully informed that you are taking both, and is informed regarding other medicines, and your alcohol use (don't take alchohol at night with this combination!), then you are taking it under your prescriber's supervision.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Good Advice NOT to take Alcohol with Trazodone and Ambien.