Urge to have bowel movements but when I go I can't or only manage to get a few hard pebbles. Increased fiber, water, exercise, stool Softener. IBS?

In brief: Not necessarily

One with constipation needs to be sure there is no other disease causing it.
If constipation is just due to slow movement of the food and poop through the gut, then the things to try are vegetables, water, prune juice, prunes, fiber+water, Miralax, (polyethylene glycol) senokot or other senna, milk of magnesia, other laxatives... A doctor can evaluate and prescribe medication like Linzess, if laxatives aren't working.

In brief: Not necessarily