Can clindamycin lotion (prescribed for acne) cause bowel problems? Or is that just other routes other than topical?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Topical clindamycin

This can indeed cause bowel problems - like diarrhea because if you think about it, the clindamycin lotion will absorb into your skin and thus make it's way to the bowels.
If you're having diarrhea after starting this, you should get it checked out. Any antibiotic side-effect should be taken seriously. I would start with the doc who prescribed the clindamycin - give them a call today.

In brief: Topical clindamycin