My bottom eye lid is swollen. No redness only slight discomfort. Should I be concerned? I use ointment in my bottom eyelid at night for dry eye.

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Possible concern

Dry eye is common, can respond well to ointment but does not cause eyelid swelling.
Is the tenderness at one spot or diffuse? Is there a palpable nodule? Is this short term or has it been there awhile? Try using very warm washcloths 4-5 times a day on the lid and if it disappears, it was likely a stye. If still present after 4-5 days, have an ophthalmologist look at it.

In brief: Possible concern