Can upper back/shoulder pain be relieved? If so, how?

Dr. Kevin Stone
Sports Medicine
In brief: Absolutely
I would recommend having an evaluation by a physical therapist who can design a treatment plan for you.
Working on postures, positions that aggravate your symptoms, strengthening, mobility and alignment should all be addressed. The therapist can treat the biomechanical issues affecting your symptoms and then provide you with a home program.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management
In brief: Pain Assessment.
Unfortunately, although this is a simple question the answer is not.
The key to treatment is an appropriate evaluation, the making of a diagnosis, and the development of a treatment plan for that diagnosis. Most pain is self limiting and resolves shortly. Persistent pain requires an evaluation by an appropriately trained provider.

In brief: Pain Assessment.
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine