150 mg Trazodone, 1 mg klonopin. And 10 mg ambien (zolpidem). Ambien (zolpidem) doesn't work for me by itself been on klonopin for years. Trazodone was great in the past. Any thoughts.? Sounds like a major hangover to me.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Sleep study

This is a potentially very dangerous combination of drugs affecting the brain.
Have you had a sleep study done to find out the cause? Depression or anxiety is another cause for insomnia. I would certainly explore both avenues instead of continuing on this medication cocktail. Don't delay any further.

In brief: Sleep study

Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Medication effects

Trazodone and Klonopin may cause insomnia.
Klonopin may cause Depression, emotional lability, confusion. Ambien (zolpidem) may cause drugged feeling, confusion. Using Trazodone with Ambien (zolpidem) and Klonopin may increase dizziness, difficulty concentrating, some impairment in thinking and judgment. See Psychiatrist for Medication benefits and side effects, dose, gradual withdrawal of medications; and Therapy.

In brief: Medication effects