I was on the Depo-Provera shot for 6 months how long after that would I start my period?

Dr. Paul Wright

In brief: 90 days

Depo is typically given once every 3 months for birth control because it has a 90 day therapeutic range.
If you got the shot 2 times (at the beginning and 3 months later) you were covered for 6months.Then most women will ovulate and have a period in the 90 days after the last shot's therapeutic range. For example, #1 shot sept 1st, #2 shot dec 1st, then expect a period mar-may. Some start later.

In brief: 90 days

Dr. Paul Wright
Dr. Paul Wright
Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Varies

It is different for everyone.
Some women will have irregular bleeding for several months before resuming regular periods. In the past I have advised patients to go on a monthly birth control pill for a few cycles just to avoid this.

In brief: Varies

It is different for everyone.
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Adam Levy