Pathology cytology report of Left thyroid biopsy says NO malignant cells... changes suggestive of Colloid nodule/ nodular Goiter. What's next?

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: MNG + cyst

Hello ~ this is a nodule in MNG (multi-nodular goitre).
Previously thought to have no risk of Ca and DOMINANT nodule to have 1% risk and solitary nodule 10% risk. Retrospective studies now show up to 13.7% risk of cancer overall in MNG. Thats high. I would see a surgeon to discuss if this warrants thyroidectomy. thanks

In brief: MNG + cyst

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Philip Kern
Sometimes surgery is indicated even if the biopsy is negative. But much depends on the appearance (suspicious or not) of the nodules on US. Best to see an Endocrinologist who does his/her own US and knows what to look for
Dr. William Forsythe