I was exercising and I heard a pop. Now my right side is so very sore right above my hip. Could I have cracked a rib?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Muscle injury likely
Assuming you mean in the lower-mid outer abdominal area, then a strain of an intercostal muscle (between the ribs) or a partial tear of an oblique muscle (outer abdomen) would be the most likely cause.
A rib fracture is possible, but less likely as more force is typically required to injure a rib. Treatment is usually symptomatic and includes rest, ice and anti-inflammatories.

In brief: Muscle injury likely
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Cartilage separation
You coild have seperated costal cartilage from floating rib or pulled a muscle.
Hard to say.

In brief: Cartilage separation
Hard to say.
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine