How can I tell if shortness of breath or feeling of odd breathing is caused by anxiety or heart problem? Not pregnant, normal echo/ecg last year

Dr. Matthew Smith

In brief: Primary Care

Discuss this with your primary care doctor. Develop an understanding with him or her of which of your symptoms you can feel secure about, and which ones you should get medical evaluation for. It may be useful to also have the input of a psychiatrist.

In brief: Primary Care

Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Matthew Smith
Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Anxiety

I understand your concern.
Commend yourself for good functioning heart with normal echo/ecg. “Feeling of odd breathing” is due to Anxiety. Shortness of breath will be less intense with Anxiety, and it will not be continuous. Shortness of breath with heart problem is with discomfort, painful feeling in chest, palpitation, weakness See a psychiatrist for diagnosis; Therapy for Anxiety, Relaxation.

In brief: Anxiety

I understand your concern.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham