1 yr old with chest congestion for 7 days coughs but not frequent and not productive. No fever. Can hear the congestion when breathing Go to dr?

Yes. Your child is . at the upper end of the age range for bronchiolitis caused by Respiratory Syncytial Virus, or may have bronchial spasm in reaction to another respiratory virus. His doctor will distinguish small-airway wheezes from large-airway rattles. Cough & cold medications are not given to children < 6 years old, but If indicated, bronchodilators are prescribed for infants & children. .
Depends. A kid will tell you when they are sick enough for a visit by their activities.If the kid is playing,eating and acting normally you can probably monitor the situation a bit longer and maybe it will pass.If the kid is off his/her routine,feeds,laying around,etc. schedule a a visit.