1. Can oral warts cause throat cancer? 2. Can I pass oral warts by sharing marijuana cigarettes? 3. Should I be worried about a recent bump on lip?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

Squamous papilloma or oral warts are the most common benign epithelial neoplasm of oral epithelium. They may be found anywhere in the mouth including ventral tongue palate, and mucosal surface of the lips.
They can be recognized by small fingerlike projections, the wart. The lesions are thought to be induced by HPV 6 or 11 and can lead to oral squamous cell Ca. Virus can be passed.

Dr. Vikram Patel