We are trying to figure out why I am randomly feeling sharp pain months after a deep cut on my left gluteus muscle. The pain has been off and on for months as I've healed, but it's extremely strong right now. Why?

Dr. Laura Anissian

In brief: Nerve damage?

It could be that you damaged a nerve? If it is sharp and comes with certain movements, this may be the situation.
A nerve conduction study would help define this.

In brief: Nerve damage?

Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: Ans

Well there are several possibilities.
One is infection in the deep tissues. 2. I presume you were stitched. Perhaps the deeper layers have not healed. Also there is consideration of the nature of the trauma. Damage to the deep structures. You must give time if wound was that severe. May take up to a year to resolve completely.

In brief: Ans

Well there are several possibilities.
Dr. Crystal Twynham