I rolled my ankle and the outer side of my foot hurts. The ankle is stiff, swollen and brusied. Could I have torn a tendon because theres a sharp pain

In brief: Ankle Sprain

Well you have suffered one of the most common foot and ankle injuries.
Certainly you may have some tendon/ligament injury. In addition if the pain is localized and sharp on the outside of the foot, you must have an X-ray taken because there are many other injuries that could occur, on could be a fracture of the base of the 5ht metatarsal called an avulsion fracture (This is quite common) Good Luck

In brief: Ankle Sprain

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine