Feel sick if I dont eat as soon or a few minutes after I wake up and sharp pain in middle of my breast bone last for about a minute or two?

In brief: Likely reflux

This story suggests you have excessive stomach acid irritating the lower part of your swallow tube.
Eating can dilute the acid but it also mechanically passes over the irritated area,causing pain. Try to avoid caffeine/nicotine and eating before bedtime. Don't lay down after a meal. Tums (calcium carbonate) may give brief help. but you may want to confer with your doc about it.

In brief: Likely reflux

Dr. Jane Van Dis