The roof of my mouth is itchy and its more twords the back of my throat. My throat hurts when I swallow and my nose burns when I breath out of it.

Dr. can check throat. New throat pain can be from a strep throat infection (antibiotics are needed), a cold or influenza (antibiotics usually not used), or from some other cause such as allergies or irritants. Usually, a person sees the doctor if the sore throat is bothersome, recurrent, or doesn't go away quickly (mainly to check for strep throat). Throat lozenges, and Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin, can help decrease throat pain.