My ANA and CRP levels are elevated a month after giving birth. Should I be concerned? Could it be cancer?

Pathology

In brief: Not cancer

How do you FEEL? Up to one out of four adult women have some anti-nuclear antibodies on board.
Both this and CRP are only one small piece in any diagnostic puzzle. As a pathologist, I feel they're worthless for "health screening" though they are sometimes used for this in "defensive medicine." Congratulations on being a new mother. Best wishes.

In brief: Not cancer

Dr. Ajay Acharya
ANA.. means basic lupus screen test. CRP...means level of inflammation in your body. Both put together may mean.....active lupus. But see your PMD...it should be Judged in comparison to previous labs and your background health.
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Be cautious

The elevated CRP suggests that there is inflammation going on but this may well be from trauma to your tissue during the birthing process.
If it is only slightly elevated, I would not be concerned over it. But if it is highly elevated , then consider a follow-up test in another month. A persistently highly elevated CRP warrants an investigation.

In brief: Be cautious

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Adam Levy