Avulsion fracture of cuboid left foot. Sprain of calcaneofibular ligament in tibial walker boot, triathlete. Time to return to training??

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: It takes about 6-8

weeks for bone to heal.
If your a triathlete then I would not recommend you returning until this time elapses to ensure complete healing. Obviously you need to work closely to the doc you are seeing who will evaluate you clinically and radiographically.

In brief: It takes about 6-8

weeks for bone to heal.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: Depends on routine

Typically a patient with this type of injury can get back on an exercise bicycle with light resistance at 4-6 weeks.
High impact activity like running is usually reserved for 3 months after injury with a supportive brace

In brief: Depends on routine

Dr. Edward Kormylo
Dr. Edward Kormylo

In brief: You should

consult with a sports medicine specialist.

In brief: You should

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine