Son has pea sized, non painful, hard lump on the back of neck. Doctor said lymphnode. However, 9 weeks later it is still present. Moves under finger. ?

In brief: Lymph node

There are thousands of lymph node located around the body that help screen out germs in the body serum.
There are many in the neck, head & behind the ear. At rest these are often 1/4 inch in diameter (pea sized) and may grow to marble sized when reacting to a stimulus. Bug bites, or viral infections can increase their size.What you describe is normal.If concerned review this with the kids doc.

In brief: Lymph node

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

A firm that easily moves is most likely related to inflammation.
If it is larger or not significantly smaller, then a biopsy can be performed. I would also recommend a TB skin test.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Jonathan Jassey