I have polycystic ovarian diease and every now and again I will get pains so massive I can barely move and sometimes it causes constipation. Why? :/

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Not PCOS

Pcos does not cause pain.
By definition pcos causes small less than 1 CM cysts not big ones which can cuase pain. I would see your primary care doctor and discuss irritable bowel syndrome. I would also discuss with an obgyn to better understand pcos and to discuss other causes of pain.

In brief: Not PCOS

Pcos does not cause pain.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: May not be related

Abdominal pain is complicated and may have nothing to do with your pcos.
Please see your doctor about this severe pain.

In brief: May not be related

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Mark Perloe
Fertility Medicine

In brief: PCOS & Pain

In some women with pcos, the ovaries are markedly enlarged.
High Insulin levels may also increase nerve fibers in the ovaries perhaps increasing sensitivity. But often after multiple Clomid (clomiphene) back to back Clomid (clomiphene) cycles women larger ovarian cysts that cause pain, this is not due to pcos, rather it is related to clomid (clomiphene). You can still have endo & pcos and that pain can be worse with long cycles.

In brief: PCOS & Pain

Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Mark Perloe
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham