I have minor degenative disc disease with potential nerve impingement on L5 & S1. I also have numbness in my legs with tingling in my feet ?

Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

While there are many causes of leg pain and numbness one of the most common causes is lumbar radiculopathy.
This occurs when one of the nerves leaving the back gets compressed as it leaves the spine and travels down the leg. Compression may occur due to degenerative/bulging discs or arthritic bone spurs contacting the nerve. See your physician if these symptoms last longer than 2 weeks.

In brief: See below

Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Consult Neurologist

You need to consult a Neurologist as you need a detailed comprehensive Neurological Exam and may need other tests like MRI and Nerve Conduction Studies to find the extent of the nerve impringement and cause like Spinal Stenosis or Herniated discs causing your symptoms.
Treatment may include conservative like Physical Therapy and may need some medicine.And in some cases if no improvement Surgery

In brief: Consult Neurologist

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Vikram Patel