Hi, I have had pinworms / threadworms but they keep coming back (despite following strict hygeine measures) for about 6 weeks. I have been taking Mebendazole every 1 - 2 weeks to try and get rid of them. Are there any side effects for taking Mebendazole l

In brief: Not at that dose

If this is not working, consider you may not have pin worms.
The peri-anal itching most often associated with PW's can be caused by a number of thongs, as diverse as a strep dermatitis, a reaction to foods, etc. Unless you have had PW's identified, I would look to another cause.If you are getting re-infected, some human in your environment is giving it to you.

In brief: Not at that dose

Dr. Cindy Juster