If I have a MRSA skin infection, should I be tested to see if I am a carrier? Also, suggestions on cleaners to wash house down now that I know I have

Dr. Matthew Cahill

In brief: Check out CDC

1st the CDC (center for disease control) has a GREAT website resource for you.
Look up CDC MRSA. You could be considered infectious. Soap on your body may reduce MRSA, you may use alcohol to spot kill MRSA on your body. Bleach will kill MRSA on floors etc. Hot water and soap should reduce or neutralize most MRSA on laundry. MRSA now occurs in our environment- no way to "remove" it. Be well.

In brief: Check out CDC

Dr. Matthew Cahill
Dr. Matthew Cahill
Dr. Satish Sundar
Yes do check the site. Bleach in diluted form can be used in bath. Nose is a common are to carry MRSA so topical prescription Mupirocin can be used if suspected.
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Good idea

It is a good idea to find out if you may be harboring MRSA so that you won't bring the infection to other people.
As for disinfected the house, Clorox has been rediscovered to work the best but the fume would be an issue. If you don't have asthma, this may be an option but be sure that the house is well ventilated during and after.

In brief: Good idea

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu