I take hydroxyZine at night for sleep/allergies . I just had dental work and was given loratb. Can I take 3 hours apart from one another ?

Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Better not

Lortab contains codeine, which can be potentiated by hydroxyzine and lead to untoward effect as CNS depression and severe constipation for example, so you don't want that, even if you space them, either stay in your system long enough, hydroxyzine stays longer, please hold hydroxyzine till done with lortab, good that you asked, always exercise caution with multiple medications, wish you wellness

In brief: Better not

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Keegan Duchicela