Why would my psych doc prescribe klonopin and ambien (zolpidem) together for chronic insomnia? Doesn't that make tolerance go up faster for meds?

Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: Chronic Insomnia

I understand your concern.
Both Klonopin and Ambien (zolpidem) can be habit forming, and you can develop tolerance. Using Klonopin with Ambien (zolpidem) may increase dizziness and difficulty concentrating. Some people may experience impairment in thinking and judgment Discuss with Psychiatrist Diagnosis of Chronic insomnia, Medication benefits and side effects ; Therapy for stress for stress in your life, Relaxation.

In brief: Chronic Insomnia

I understand your concern.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar