What is the best way to get rid of snoring permanently? I sport and have BMI 26. I would prefer an operation

Dr. Robert Kotler
Surgery - Head & Neck

In brief: Snoring? Many Causes

One cause is nasal blockage due to deviated septum and enlarged turbinates, nasal allergies, or even nasal polyps (benign tissue growths inside the nose).
Other woe could be in the palate, uvula, tongue, tonsils, a big jaw or lax throat muscles. You need to have a head and neck examination by an ent, a specialist expert in all areas of the nose and throat. You should be able to get help.

In brief: Snoring? Many Causes

Dr. Robert Kotler
Dr. Robert Kotler
Dr. Mike Deldar
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Oral Sleep appliance

Is my recommended choice, if that not resolve the issues you may consult with ENT and have surgery.

In brief: Oral Sleep appliance

Dr. Mike Deldar
Dr. Mike Deldar
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Depends on airway

You need an ENT evaluation including a fiberoptic scope of your airway.
The key areas for concern are your nose, tongue base, tonsils, palate and uvula. If your anatomy is favorable surgery can help.

In brief: Depends on airway

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Eric Weisman