Besides physical therapy, what other way can a dry disc in the back be treated?

David Miller

In brief: OMM

I have no idea what a "dry disk" is but osteopathic manipulation has been proven in studies to be extremely effective at treating all sorts of back pain, often reducing the need for medication and surgery.
Find a do who treats back pain with omm and see what they can do for you.

In brief: OMM

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Bettina Herbert
some sources to find DOs (osteopathic physicians) and the few of us MDs who do OMM are: American Academy of Osteopathy, the Cranial Academy and Biodynamics of Osteopathy programs
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
OMM works best when combined with your ability to do some focused exercises to strengthen your core and stretch your hamstring and Quadriceps muscles in between treatments. Also modify or try to avoid activities that contributed to your back problem in the first place. If you smoke STOP!!! or you make a joke out of you doctors efforts to help and waste even more money.
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Neurosurgery

In brief: Depends

I am not sure what you mean by a "dry disc".
If you are having back pain then physical therapy helps and can sometimes be combined with other modalities like injections or accupuncture.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Dr. Mark Eisenberg
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine