Meclizine hydrochloride is it good for tinnitus? I bought Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) All Day and it has 25 mg of that ingredient. How should I take this medication?

Dr. Edwin Medina
General Practice

In brief: For dizziness

To my knowledge, meclizine is an antihistamine (blocks H1 receptors and has anti-cholinergic properties.
I gave always prescribed it for dizziness, not aware that it can impact tinnitus though I suppose nothing is impossible.

In brief: For dizziness

Dr. Edwin Medina
Dr. Edwin Medina

In brief: Not helpful

Meclizine and dramamine (dimenhydrinate) both can help dizziness, and the nausea and vomiting accompanying motion sickness, but in my experience has no effect on tinnitus.
Maybe see an ear specialist.

In brief: Not helpful

Maybe see an ear specialist.