My son has adhd and I don't want to put him on meds. What are some other things that I can do. I can't get him to do his homework or even go to bed ?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Many behavioral opts

The list of behavioral interventions for ADD symptom improvement is way too long to put into 400 characters.
The are literally hundreds of behavioral and environmental adjustments that can help n improvement of ADD symptoms. Go to the AAP website on ADHD or the CHADD website and then look at the sections on non-medication interventions. Also, get a copy of the book "ADD For Parents" by the AAP

In brief: Many behavioral opts

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
consider cranial electrotherapy stimulation. Simple & safe.

In brief: ADHD

Consider having him work with a therapist who specializes in non-pharmacological tx of ADHD.
Alpha Stim has been used off-label for ADHD. Auricular acupuncture is another approach.

In brief: ADHD

Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: ADHD

Need more information.
How old is your son? What are his symptoms apart from inattention? Any verbal or muscular tics? What are your reasons for stating that you don't want medicine for ADHD? Sort of like going to a doctor with an infection saying you don't want antibiotics.) there are ways, but they're difficult, and I need to be sure you are aware of the risks and benefits of the medications

In brief: ADHD

Need more information.
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Eric Weisman