Having a genital herpes oubreak and I am due in 4 weeks. What can I do to speed up the healing so that I can delivery vaginally instead of a c-section?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Medication

The herpes outbreak should be able to promptly treated with Acyclovir or Valtrex (valacyclovir).
These medications are safe for use. Aftertreatment suppression therapy should be prescribed for the rest of the pregnancy

In brief: Medication

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan

In brief: Not much

Not much you can do to speed up anything.
Talk to your OB, see if they want to give you valtrex (valacyclovir) or acyclovir and maybe so something to help decrease the chances of spreading it to your baby while you are delivering.

In brief: Not much

Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham