My recent US report read Mildy echogenic and coarsened echotexture no focal mass. Does that mean cirrhosis now or just fatty liver? Ultra sound Impression read: Mildly ecohgenicity of the liver may signify fatty infiltration's or early hepatic parenchymal

Consult on results. The doctor who ordered the tests needs to explain the results - it's part of the procedure. Get an explanation you can understand and remember - perhaps written info on what to do and expect. Bring someone you trust along to help in case you feel too confused by this. Best!
Evolving topic. Fat is bright on U/S.
Fatty liver can be seen in many conditions: obesity, diabetes, alcohol abuse, hepatitis, and other liver stress. It can be reversible and no one has ever died of it alone.
The underlying cause should be sought.
20 yrs. ago fatty liver was not thought to be very signif, but now we find it is associated with many risk factors including heart and vascular disease.