Two months ago I had a knee arthroscopy and aspirated as I was being extubated. Developed aspiration pneumonia. Within a week I started having symmetrical pain in my knees and elbows. It has not abated and in fact is worsening.no swelling or erythema.

In brief: Check for infection

We worry about infection in a situation like this.
An infection in one part of the body can seed bacteria to other parts. If you haven't already, talk to your orthopedic surgeon about your concerns. If he doesn't evaluate you for this, then see an infectious disease doctor.

In brief: Check for infection

Dr. Mark Dickson
Dr. Mark Dickson
Dr. Nir Hus
Surgery

In brief: Aspiration pneumonia

It could well be related if you were septic due to the pneumonia, but at this time it purely theoretical.

In brief: Aspiration pneumonia

Dr. Nir Hus
Dr. Nir Hus
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine