Is it possible to get edema and fatigue from kidney disease even though you have normal urine and blood tests?

Swelling of Legs. By the time significant edema is occurring in kidney disfunction, tests are highly likely to detect the kidneys as the source. However there are several causes for edema and fatigue, including hypothyroidism, heart or liver problems as well as other less common ailments. If the only evaluation has been urine and blood, and it is normal, look into other causes other than the kidneys themselves.