How do you increase BM frequency? I have a BM maybe twice a week with colace (docusate sodium). How do I make sure I am more regular?

Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Several things

Make sure that you have reasonable intake of fiber which means a diet that includes roughage like in the case of green leafy vegetables.
You also want to make sure you stay well hydrated. Additionally you want to remain active, as activity does stimulate normal gastrointestinal motility. This is a reasonable place to start.

In brief: Several things

Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Dietary fiber

In your situation, the best solution first is to try to increase dietary fiber.
In addition to eating more fiber, you might want to consider a fiber supplements such as psyllium. If you do, you should increase your fluid intake also. Good luck.

In brief: Dietary fiber

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Keegan Duchicela