Is it safe to take oxycodone for pain while on paxil (paroxetine)?

Yes, Provided. That those prescribing the medication are both aware you use both medications then oxycodone is safe with paxil (paroxetine) for short periods of time. While oxycodone can have a depressive quality to it, be aware it may seem that you paxil (paroxetine) is not working as well. If you need both for extended periods, those prescribing them might alter the doses to make sure you are treated safely.
Yes but. Paxil (paroxetine) is a good antidepressant but is highly sleep inducing. It will make one more sleepy especially if they are not sleeping well or tend to be a sluggish person. The oxycodone can be taken but would not take large doses unless there is a good medical indication. If you can get by with something less strong then I would .Best wishes.