If I am allergic to Bactrim, (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) can I take cephalexin for strep throat?

Yes. it should be fine. as long as you are not allergic to penicillins or cephalosporins taking cephalexin is ok. good luck.
Usually yes. Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) and cephalexin don't share any cross-reactive features. However, people with drug allergy, might be more prone for drug allergies in general. I'm not sure Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) or cephalexin are the best treatments for strep throat. Penicillin V is usually the best antibiotic for step throat. Better cephalosporins than cephalexin might be cefuroxime, cefpodoxime, cefdinir, ceftriaxone.