I did the 5% permethrin cream treatment two days ago. Last night was the first night sleeping after the treatment. I was still waking up itchy during the night and woke up with some new bumps/itchy areas. Should I be worried that I was significantly more

I am assuming. you have treated your bedding and clothing!! Scabies (if that's your problem) is a frustrating infestation and may require more than one treatment to eliminate! Hope this helps! Good luck!]] Dr Z.
See Your Doctor. The condition being treated is not stated. Permethrin is used to treat scabies, a skin-burrowing mite. Causes rash, intense itch/inflammation. Symptoms can persist a few weeks after successful treatment due to a hypersensitivity reaction in skin; may require steroid cream, antihistamine for relief. Must also treat all household members to avoid re-infestation. Suggest confirm diagnosis w/ doctor.