Silly question, what can I do for canker sores on my tongue? It seems it dries at night, cuts on the sides, then I get sores. Any ideas, thanks :)

Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Bitten tongue

You may be clenching and/or grinding your teeth during sleep, a condition called bruxism. The tongue can become caught between the upper and lower teeth, especially larger tongues which overlap the lower teeth.
A mouth guard will help tremendously with this problem.

In brief: Bitten tongue

Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. John Van der Werff
Make sure you get diagnosed correctly and if you do brux, you get the correct kind of mouth guard. Out of 100+ designs only 2 reduce bruxing.
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Mouthwash

Canker sores on the tongue are hard to treneeat because the tongue moves and can wipe off any salve.
Your mouth can become dry at night especially if you are a mouthbreather. Even though these lesions will clear-up on their own within two weeks, they can be painful and affect your speech or eating. You may try a mouthwash with a numbing agent for the pain. Try a dry mouth agent, biotene.

In brief: Mouthwash

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Thomas Yash