I had a cold a month ago that has left me with a sore throat for 3wks.I rarely smoke but it happens if I smoke or not?

Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Sore throat
There are a number of reasons for sore throat.
A sinus infection, brought on by smoking, can leave your throat sore for weeks after the other cold symptoms are gone. Get checked by your doctor for a sinus infection, or other causes for a persistent sore throat.

In brief: Sore throat
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Brian Lynch
In brief: Sore throat
The first thing I have to say is someone with this condition should be evaluated.
Throat needs to be examined .I would say the most common cause would be something called post nasal strip drip if you did smoke it all if would make that more likely.

In brief: Sore throat
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine