Is there a bodybuilder who have varicocele? What if i do weight training, what will be the risk i would experience? and is it harmful?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Here are some...

Any physical activities which may increase the pressure inside abdominal cavity such as weight-lifting, will sequentially increase the pressure inside varicocele.
potentially leading to worsening of varicocele, but such speculated adverse effect is still unclear; so I would proceed with the training and see. If varicocele is considered with male infertility, varicocele correction may be required.

In brief: Here are some...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
It's nice of you to let healthTap and its doc know the answer was very helpful; they appreciate your thanks and trust.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine