I have a blood test for hiv tomorrow evening, can i drink alcohol 1-2 hrs after it?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

If you are at risk for HIV and then need to drink soon afterward, it makes me wonder if at age 18 that you are making lifestyle choices that might not be in your best long term interest.
However there is no immediate risk to drinking a few hours after a blood test.

Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: HIV Testing, Alcohol

I understand that going through the process of having Blood test has been causing anxiety and drinking Alcohol after that will relax you.
Your Health is Precious! Abusing alcohol can impair judgment, leading to engage in risky sexual behaviors, It may make it difficult for infected patients to follow the medications regimen to treat HIV/AIDS and See a Psychiatrist for Therapy.

In brief: HIV Testing, Alcohol

Dr. Jack Hinkle