I have a quarter sized bump on my thigh it's red swollen and it's hard warm to touch really hurts what do you think it is?

In brief: Lesion

This might be an abscess - especially if it is growing in size.
A medical provider would be able to easily determine if this is an abscess. You can place warm compresses on it but if the lesion is increasing in size, you develop redness of surrounding tissue - then I would recommend prompt medical assessment Take care.

In brief: Lesion

Dr. Rifat Naghmi

In brief: Folliculitis

Possibly a folliculitis.

In brief: Folliculitis

Possibly a folliculitis.
See your doctor for antibiotic treatment
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Staph> see Dr. now

You are describing a skin abscess which is a bacterial infection of the skin with a collection of pus.
A boil is similar and is an abscess of a hair follicle. MERSA is a type of Staph infection is very common in the community the past few years and can become severe quickly. You should see a physician NOW to see if the infection needs drainage and also to see if antibiotics are needed.

In brief: Staph> see Dr. now

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care