No one on family has any type of cancer except one great aunt breast cancer @ 71 I am Ashkenazic Jew should I get brca test?

Pathology

In brief: What will do with

the result? Given your family history, you are not likely to have BRCA gene.
However, before getting tested, you need to ask yourself, what will you do with the results? Will you get bilateral mastectomy if it is positive? For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.

In brief: What will do with

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery