I have a sore itchy throat it really bothers me at night could it be tonsillitis?

Dr. Taraneh Azar
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Itchy throat
Unlikely tonsilltis.
Post nasal drainage, allergies dryness or reflux are common possibilities. Start with salt water gargles and nasal saline 2x/day. Ii symptoms persist and are bothersome, see a provider.

In brief: Itchy throat
Unlikely tonsilltis.
Dr. Taraneh Azar
Dr. Taraneh Azar
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Night Sore Throat
A nighttime sore throat means something unique is happening to irritate the throat during the time of symptoms.
This most likely is due to mouth breathing at night or reflux of stomach acid into the throat at night. Snoring is a common cause of nighttime sore throat. Nasal congestion with associated post-nasal drainage may contribute to the sore throat.

In brief: Night Sore Throat
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Jack Hinkle