I have red itchy and flaky skin on th back of my left ear its been there for years what do you think it is?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Eczema

Often when people complain if flakey, itchy reddish skin, eczema comes to mind.
The first step is for people to try a steroid cream (otc Hydrocortisone cream) if that doesnt help, your primary md, derm or ENT can point you to the right direction.

In brief: Eczema

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Andrew Oswari

In brief: Psoriasis

It could be psoriasis.
The best thing to do is to get it checked by a doctor. Make sure it is not something called actinic keratosis which is a pre-cancerous lesion. Worse, it could actually be cancer. So please get it checked.

In brief: Psoriasis

It could be psoriasis.
Dr. Andrew Oswari
Dr. Andrew Oswari