How do people get cancer?

Cancer. Cant answer in this short space. Some is genetic, lifestyle, exposures - excess sunlight, noxious materials, excess radiation- too many ct scans, x-rays. One theory is we produce cancer cells waiting for chance to grow- xs radiation, viral triggers, but ultimately lifestyle. Think consulting good nutritionist, review diet, lifestyle. Many foods are cancer fighting, anti oxidants, exercise, sun pro.
Cancer Causes. Doctors often cannot explain why one person develops cancer and another does not. But research shows that certain risk factors increase the chance that a person will develop cancer. These are the most common risk factors for cancer: growing older, tobacco, sunlight, ionizing radiation, certain chemicals and other substances, some viruses and bacteria, certain hormones, family history of cancer, .
Multifactorial. It is believed that cancer comes about when the normal growth patterns of cells becomes abberant and there is thus rapid proliferation of the cells. This displaces the normal tissues. What triggers this uncontrolled growth is unknown. There are numerous associations that have been clearly shown to predispose one to cancer. For example, smoking, exposure to radiation, exposure to certain chemicals.