My mother has pain her in her heels, so what type of doctor should we prefer?

Primary Doc. Any good family doc can take care of it. If they can't, they can refer you to the appropriate place.
Ortho foot/ankle MD. My bias is obviously an orthopaedic foot and ankle doctor (an md or do). But there are good podiatrists that may able to help you as well.