I had an ultra sound that showed 4 stones 2 in each kidney all small enough to pass,3mm & 5mm. Later CT scan shows nothing. I did not find a stone while straining the urine. After CT scan (that night) I had excruciating pain in lower abdomen, that was aft

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Your question is..?

Often small stones break up into sand like particles and you won't see the stone.
The severe pain was the stone passing.Once the pain is gone (and doesn't come back),it means the stone has passed into the bladder where it may break up or pass through the urethra which is painless.

In brief: Your question is..?

Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Dr. Philip Schwarzman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine